Monday, June 29, 2009

Fish and firepit

I have some photos (had) to go with this post but my card reader is broken. We blew off a Sunday of yard work for a last minute fishing expedition-and it was wonderful. The lake was calm, the weather warm but not hot and no wind! The boys caught 10 trout-1 we gave to the family next to us who wasnt' catching anything (another post on that later) and 15 perch-needless to say I will be making fish tonight. We stayed way longer than expected but just couldn't stand to leave. We then came home and completed the fire pit, after I had chosen sand (my thought was soft white sand like a beach bonfire), it looked terrible so we went back and got a dark red mulch. Yes mulch is burnable but we are close to a hose:) Now I just need lots of friends to come with their camping chairs and join me in celebrating!

3 comments:

Karen said...

T minus 10 days 'till I come see it myself! I'll man the hose, but there's no WAY I'm eating trout. Yuck. Too many childhood bone-gagging memories there.

bobbione8y said...

um. i like perch, have never had trout. i think it sounds like a great way to spend the day...

Unknown said...

Fire pits are an excellent way to bring beauty for you outdoor from Spacify.