Friday, June 12, 2009

bumpaphobic

You all know my secret addiction to hair magazines, now I have another confession to make I am a bumpaphobic. As you know I can obsess over my health quite a bit when the mood strikes me and I have nasty habit of obssessing over my children's also. I am especially leary of lumps. My youngest has these neck lymph nodes that are constantly overreacting all winter long, and scare the heck out of me when I touch his neck and there it is. I have of course taken him in before and the PA and DR just look and say "OH he is a nodey boy" meaning he has super sensitive nodes. I of course hear this, I go home a little placated and forget until they pop up again. This phobia is bad, it consumes internet googling time, touching them all the time-and I hate to admit measuring it!!! Youngest son actually shys away from when I touch his head and says "Don't touch them" and in the next breath asks "Are they bad?" Uggg I am creating a future bumpaphobic. Thankfully I made annual physicals for next week so I can be reassured once again and the obssessive probing and prodding will end-until next time

Wow three posts in 15 minutes that must be a record

4 comments:

Chris said...

Cher, really can't blame ya.You may have to start a bumpaholics chapter in RC though:)

bobbione8y said...

i do the same thing with my CATS!

have always kind of felt for bumps on their heads, i think i read somewhere about a cat with brain cancer.

i didn't know it had a name ;)

Karen said...

I don't know, Cher. Your experiences make you who you are. I think you just do your best with what you have, and let the rest go.

carey said...

your boys will grow up making fun of you behind your backs for this, but they both know you only do it because you love them. perhaps someday you can sit them down and tell them WHY you are a bumpaphobic, and they will understand.