Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Summer..... where are you?


It is still cloudy here, we just get a glimps of sun and heat and then boom here come the clouds. I know it is coming I just feel it!


I was actually feeling sorry for Karen the other day with her early, early morning swimming meet until yesterday and oldest son and I start planning our trip to the badlands tomorrow. He comes up with the brilliant idea (I was proud) to go at SUNRISE to take pictures-"It will be beautiful" he says. I tell him to do some research such as when does the park open and what time IS sunrise. He dutifully looks it up and is a little dissappointed, open hours start at 7:00 AM and sunrise happens to be at 5:00. He is bummed so I call the park office (secretly pleased I won't be getting up at 3:30 in the morning) when they cheerily tell me the park is open 24 hours. Oh, umm great I say, and tell oldest. Of course the ear to ear grin means I will be packing a cooler this evening and setting the alarm early, really early.


It better be a darn.good.sunset.


3 comments:

carey said...

can't wait to see the photos. what a fun mom day this will be!

Karen said...

Oh, geez. Does your coffee pot have a timer?

I did comment last weekend on the sunrise. I can honestly say that I hadn't seen one since my partying days.

Chris said...

Ah yes, partying days:) Cher, is there a good camping place near there? If so, we might have to do that so we can get those money shots!