Friday, June 12, 2009

Things about summer I forgot

The things about summer I forgot:

The lovely feeling of sleeping in
The even lovelier feeling of a warm little body cuddling in beside me and sleeping in
Taking my time to make french toast and real breakfast for boys in underwear
Being able to get groceries and run errands during the day
The increased cost of groceries to feed two hungry kids lunch at home and gazillion snacks
The cleaning up of extra meals and snacks-I can't even count how many times I have wiped off the breakfast bar
Trying new recipes
Sitting on the patio with wine
Not having to do the bedtime rush
The grassy smell-boys out in the grass all day long
The weird smell in the boys' bathroom-it oddly smells like the boy's restroom at my school-must be from the increased daytime use-ick
I know there will be countless others to relish and take in, I can't wait

No comments: