Wednesday, July 1, 2009

The good and bad of Wednesday

The bad
-My camera card is still not working and I have this great pic for Bobbi-the cool metal chair with a child painted pot with orange flower in it next to my red house, it looks very cool
-Overtired children-too much fun one day makes for irritable children the next-seems like the sibling discourse occurs like our rain lately-all day with loud lightening and thunder-all or nothing
-My concentration to get any one thing done-seems like my computer becomes a time sucker-need to just turn it off and do SOMETHING
-Blame not being able to concentrate on my new career transition-it is very difficult to feel competent when I have NO clue what I am doing-and I hate not feeling competent
The Good-
-Singing ABBA in the car at the top of my lungs WITH my children no less-they love it-Go Super Trooper
-My "special" gifts for my reunion friends arrived, I am very excited
-Making progress on the job and feeling a little bit more comfortable
-My newly planted pots and flowers have almost made it a week!

10 comments:

Karen said...

GIFTS!!!

I can tell you 'till I'm blue in the face that you'll be great at the job, but I totally understand the fear of the unknown. I would be exactly the same.

Take a deep breath and threaten the children with something really, really awful. Works every time over here.

cherk said...

I know it will all work out, just a new learning curve. Ha ha I used my scary voice does that work? We also let them sweat it out at the park while we went to the outdoor boot camp...be prepared for lots of sweating.

carey said...

gifts! Gifts? :)

I better get on the ball over here. I don't even have an outfit and you're planning gifts. Perhaps I should bring you a bean bag full to the brim with beans for you.

As for the job, relax and try to enjoy this too short summer before you really have to dive in. I have no doubt you will figure it all out and be great at it once school starts and you have people surrounding you.

When my boys fight, I make them either go outside and run laps around the house or I make them do push-ups. You should see their pipes :)

cherk said...

Carey-outside does work wonders-climbing trees yesterday at Sioux Park worked wonders-I am reading this great book about raising boys and a little "risk taking" is just what boys crave and need-they loved it and were much better.
No outfit-get on it sister!

As far as the gifts deep down I am a big sentimental softie and couldn't resist-nothing cheesy though, don't worry.

bobbione8y said...

gosh i want that reader card fixed :)

Karen said...

Gosh, I want Bobbi to come. Does it seem wrong to anyone else that she's not coming???

I have no gifts, still need shoes for the outfit.

cherk said...

It seems totally wrong that Bobbi isn't comeing, I will have to make it Carey's job to visit again and bring YOU Bobbi
Outfit ready-but now rethinking, Suree is wearing jeans and the whole sweating thing-you know raise your hands if your sure!

bobbione8y said...

he he. you girls are funny. maybe we could make up a whole persona for me, and try to convince people i was an exchange student from iowa :))

ha. an OLDER exchange student! i am waiting for my reunion, where i might actually look the youngest!

ps. password name is hunks. funny.

Karen said...

That would be hilarious! What? You don't remember Bobbi? From Sweden? She did EVERYTHING with us in high school!

How was outdoor boot camp, Cher?

Carey and Suree are wearing jeans. I AM WEARING A DRESS. I AM NOT CHANGING MY MIND. I AM NOT RETHINKING ANYTHING (except the large chocolate frozen custard I ate last night).

Chris said...

I remember Bobbi for Sveeeeden, yah! I am rethinking the outfits, only cuz I want to look just right! I don't know if just right means jeans or my dress, I just want to look awesome! I love my butt in my jeans, and I have three sexy type, but not too sexy tops to wear with them, may need new shoes thought with the jeans. I love my dress too, it's feminine and summery and I am tan. I don't know! And what will I do with my hair??? I need girlfriend help badly. Gifts?:)