Sunday, July 5, 2009

Quiet...

The boys have gone with my inlaws for a couple of days while I put in some long days at work. They (and I) am used to one or both being gone with my parents but not this far away or with my inlaws, here are my observations.

We went to a grown up movie
It is quiet
I can't quite get to bed-I am sure because of work and not because the boys are gone
The cat is walking around lost
Spike the lizard was wide awake and looking around for his tormentor-I mean owner
There was no fights or back talk about bed, brushing teeth or general sibling picking
Did I mention...

It is really quiet


I miss them already

2 comments:

Chris said...

Oh man, the noise and life will be back before you know it!

Karen said...

I know! Isn't it crazy how they drive you nuts and you just want a little tiny bit of peace and quiet, but then when they're gone...all you want is them to come back.