Sunday, July 12, 2009

Red eyed monster

So all my fears of having a big butt in my dress and sweating in my dress were completely overshadowed by the one eyed red monster I woke up to on Thursday morning. A broken blood vessel in your eye is not a pretty thing. I wasn't too worried about it because everyone said it did NOT look that bad. Leave it up to my 7 year old to be brutally honest, "Ewww mom your eye looks like a disgusting bleeding mess", umm yeah thanks little man-he continued to point it to people everywhere-even the cashier at the grocery store-"My mom broke a blood vessel in her eye, wanna see it? Look at them mom show them your eye". I seriously was over the redness until it started to hurt (I have had two childbirths completely natural and something like pain in my eye can set me off)-I mean seriously hurt at the most inconvenient time when my bestest friends were here for a fun relaxing evening. I should have aplogized then and there before everyone left for my lack of conversation (I was being an excellent listener though) and my boorish behavior about my initially unruly children:< It all worked out I think everyone had a great time including me and today I can actually roll the eyeball around without excruciating pain. I can't imagine what part of me won't look right in another years:)

3 comments:

carey said...

i thought you handled the eye very well.

and just so you know, my husband thinks you are da bomb. he said "that cher is really cool." i said "yes, i know."

i still want to know why you didn't use any of your flair on our dorm room. :)

cherk said...

Oh, that is sweet, I think we didnt' have any MONEY for flair! Plus I think my mood most of the year would have been "goth" heee heee

Chris said...

I had a great time at your house, but I was quiet too. Mostly because I was sooooo tired from a weird night of partying and a fun day at the Waterslides. Part of me was also sad it was all ending.