Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Pics from a greenhorn gardner








We have not only managed NOT to kill many of the things we planted but some have started to go crazy. Including the tomatoes-I think we got a little tomato happy, those plants seem so SMALL when you first get them!
Being the first time gardner not sure if this is normal, but I do know I better start liking tomatoes more, and soon!
The red leafy stuff was the lettuce we planted for spike the lizard-the stuff is up to my waist-think next year one plant for the little guy will be plenty:)
By the way to peas only bloom once?

4 comments:

bobbione8y said...

yep, one time only for peas.

those tomatoes make me insanely jealous. looks like you might have the gardening gene ;)

cherk said...

Ha I think it is just beginners luck. I am excited to use the tomatoes in panini sandwiches, salsa and with mozzerella cheese and a little drizzle of oil and vinegar yummmmm

Karen said...

Looks wonderful! I need to get some tomato pics up myself.

Chris said...

I wish I had the gift, I really do! Looks great Cher, I want one of those sandwiches!