Sunday, August 2, 2009

Camping, Finally!











I am a true camper and try to go 2 or 3 times a summer. We finally went this weekend, sad to say with my new work schedule it may be the one and only but we jam packed it as much as possible. The high points: cabin, friends, food, lake, seeing Carey for a brief 10 minutes (Hope you survived your second day!) spending time with the boys. Low points: one homesick child who went home for a night-missed his dad, mosquitoes that cut our hike short-we will going back at a later date it is a beautiful trail and unpacking-hate unpacking.




Extra low point-8 days until work starts officially for me:) I will be thankful for the great things we did this summer and relish in these last 8 days!!

4 comments:

Karen said...

Oh, Cher. Are you a pile of nerves? Are you feeling good and confident and ready for this new challenge? I'm thinking of you all the time, and praying for a great start to a great year. I wish we could sit with a glass of wine and talk it over.

carey said...

sorry i did not have more time to spend up at the castle cabin on the hill! i really did not expect that ride to be THAT ride, and thought i'd have lots of time to play at the campground. not so much. the second day was brutal...i'll blog about it as soon as i recover :)

cherk said...

Karen-not quite yet, ask me in a couple of weeks when I have to get up in front of staff...I try not to look at the big picture but small pieces to be done right away. A glass of wine to talk it all over would be very very nice

Carey-I was so hoping your second day would be easier can't wait to read it.

Chris said...

Jealous about the camping! I ahven't gone yet this year, and it doesn't look like I am going anytime soon. Our staff comes back offically this week. Will be thinking about you!