Sunday, August 16, 2009




Ok, so here is my madmen pic, how do I look?

I had mentioned I would share my "strengths/talent" finder we did for our back to school retreat. I love introspective activities and finding out what makes me-and others click. If I ever get tired of education, counseling could be my next career. Anyway here are my "talents" you can see if you agree... (the first word is the attribute with a small definition)

Input-You are inquisitive, you collect things-even information-words, facts, quotes. You keep acquiring and compiling and filing stuff away. It's interesting. It keeps your mind fresh. And perhaps one day some of it will prove valuable.

Belief-You have certain core values that are endearing. These core beliefs affect your behavior and provide you with direction. Your friends call you "dependable". "I know where you stand" they often say. Your belief makes you easy to trust. Your work must matter to you and be meaningful, and give you a chance to live out your values.

Learner-You love to learn. The process of learning entices you, not the end product. You thrive in dynamic work environments where short projects are completed and move on to something new. The outcome is less important than "getting there"

Relator-In simple terms you are pulled towards people you already know. You are comfortable with intimacy and encourage a deepening of friendships. For you a relationship only has value if it genuine. You want to understand your friends feelings, goals, fears, and dreams and want them to understand yours. The more you share with each other the more you risk together

Individualization-You are intrigued by the unique qualities of each person. You instinctively observe each person's style, motivation, how each thinks and how each builds relationships. Because you are such a keen observer of other people's strengths, you can draw out the best in each and build productive teams. You hear the one-of-a-kind stories in each person's life. This theme explains why you pick your friends the just right gift.


So there I am-my top five tallents in a nutshell. I had to laugh at the last one-individualization, out of 50 some adminstrators I was the only one who had this ONE. Must be the special education background coming through.


3 comments:

Karen said...

This totally fits you. Don't you think? I can see you in each one of those attributes.

:-)

I'm glad you're all about the individual...look at your friends!

cherk said...

ha ha, I think it fits pretty well to. I am sure there are drawbacks to each I wasn't a WOO and was pretty jealous of that:)Uh-hum did you see the hips on my "mad" self-I win!

bobbione8y said...

i'm a little frightened you are the ONLY one who looks at the individual?

yikes! but glad you are you! i just met a lady last night who is an asst. principal here in SF, and i want to be her friend, too.

ps. LOVE the dress and the cocktail on your pic.