Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Tiger Lily Tribute


THIS is the plant I have been waiting all summer long...

I planted these as a personal tribute to my grandma, Grandma Walker, who passed away a couple of years ago. She was really the only grandma I knew growing up and she was a great one. When I actually sit and think about it I learned SO many things from her and have treasured memories, here are a few...

Squirt pop-still sometimes gotta have one

Sandbox just for grandkids

The little glass dogs and cats figurines she had that were FRAGILE and she still let me get them all down and play with them

From scratch mac and cheese and the best cold velveeta cheese sandwhiches on white bread

The BEST baked beans and ham EVER, and I mean EVER

Trying to teach me to play the organ-I was as musically inept then as I am now

Crocheting

Dress up-I coveted her wigs and these really tall high heeled red boots

Turqoise, can't see turqoise without thinking of her

Playing 31 for pennies and finally

Tiger lillies-oodles of them all along her house, I would run my hands over them and the brown stuff would get all over me and I would take the seeds and peel them apart layer after layer.

Here is to you grandma

3 comments:

bobbione8y said...

tiger lilies remind me of my grandma (and mom) too.

yours is wonderful! i have its twin over here :)

Karen said...

I have dark orange and lighter orange and even some yellow lilies over here, but no tigers. Yours are beautiful, and make me wish that I had met your Grandma Walker.

Chris said...

I have tiger lilies also, they are so pretty. Great memories, thank you for sharing your gramma with us.