Thursday, August 13, 2009

Finally posting...






I have been very neglectful of the blog since 1) My official work days started and 2) my mom got here. I have just too dang tired at night to devote much higher functioning energy to writing. Trust me friends I have been reading all of your posts faithfully. The boys and I enjoyed the last "official" day of my summer vacation at Angastora-it was a perfect summer day, I almost felt like summer was just beginning. My new career change is going well, somedays I feel behind and somedays not, I think this may be one of the best cures for me to move out of my comfort zone and know that I can't control things and going with the flow is a must. I also learned much about myself through a "strengths/talent finder" tool we completed. VERY interesting, I will share it sometime, see if you all agree. My mom is here after moving from South Dakota in October-a place she had lived for 50 some years of her life. I am dreading the good bye. I don't know how to connect with how she is feeling or what to say to make her feel better. I have felt terrible going to work everyday and leaving her here, she had bought her ticket before the big job change. Her and the oldest son are having an excellent time together-next week the big challenge is being with both boys. Anyway a few last pics from summer at the lake-I may try to eek out one more with mom. Overall another summer full of sun, love, and happiness. Thank you small fry, thank you big fry for helping me slow down, have fun and keep on swimming


4 comments:

Chris said...

Well, that is more of a post than I have been able to do;) When does your mom go back? Just cherish every second you get to have with her, that is all you can do. I'm sure she is having a great time being Gramma until you get home.

carey said...

oh, cher. i love everything about you. i can't wait to see how this adventure goes for you, i know you are going to have to be a grown-up all the time, but i'm glad you can let loose and be cher on the blog. that's what we're here for.

our end of summer was spent at wild water west. as of monday, it's all over here too :(

bobbione8y said...

i always thought i wanted to be in education, so that i could have summers off (i bet that kind of lack of sense bugs you). but now, i wonder if i could go back to work, let alone a new job, after the time! i can barely get up and get dressed anymore!

you, however, are amazing. :) enjoy your time with your mom, and know that you are more than ready for all that is ahead. plus, remember that you earned this job. you EARNED it.

cherk said...

You guys are all such great boosters of confidence! Don't worry Carey, I don't think ALL of me can be grown up ALL of the time:)Thanks Bobbi-your words really make it all make sense:)