Thursday, July 23, 2009

Returned from the Windy City
















We arrived late this afternoon from our 5 day vacation, four days of which were spent in Chicago, sightseeing, sightseeing and more sightseeing. Below are a few thoughts from the trip:

Best food-cute little place down the street-best breakfast ever!
Gotta go with Cheescake factory-ate a whole piece of chocolate cake myself

Worst food-Navy Pier "Italian" see pic above-yea a personal mini bottle of wine-love the wine glass
Second worst food-double stuff pizza-proud to say my double stuff pizza still rocks compared to Windy City's best
Speaking of food, too little exercise and too much indulgene has left me afraid to put on clothes or step on the scale-think I will give it a couple of weeks.

Most dangerous: Riding with cabbies-wow think I would be safer skydiving, seriously how anyone tourist makes it is beyone me.
Most politically incorrect moments: Youngest son is in cab and after hearing the cabby talk to hubby says to me, "Are we still in the United States, and how come I can't understand what they are saying" next moment we are at the hotel and the doorman who happeded to be named Julio, says something jokingly to younger son and younger son says back, "No way Jose" Yeah, beam me up Scotty
Best moments-Shedd Aquarium, fireworks, the boys LOVED swimming in Lake Michegan-twice! They were one of about 10 people over two days who braved the cold water.
Most touristy moment-The Navy Pier is just above Keystone for all you fellow south dakotans but is a rite of passage for Chicago tourists. So we made the best of it and made a "Build a bear" including one for my office-yeah carried the cheesy build a bear box around all night. Both boys loved it and want it to become an annual tradition.
Finally while asking oldest what his favorite thing was he says, "To tell you the truth, just hanging out with my family, yeah just hanging out and having all these cool moments is my favorite, it really is."

Most humorous but annoying moment-Hubby and I go work out at the hotel on the first morning and come back to boys watching "Monsters vs Aliens" that they had BOUGHT-thinking it was like our DVR-hubby was not impressed












Me to....

4 comments:

bobbione8y said...

welcome back!

i like chicago, and yes, esp. the cabbies. talk about wild rides! but those guys know how to entertain :)

Chris said...

That's where you were! Welcome back, glad you had a great time with the fam.

Karen said...

Hilarious! It's good for little boys to get out of South Dakota, don't you think? They should come hang out with the "Birka-moms" with me at the elementary school..

I laughed at this one Cher: "has left me afraid to put on clothes or step on the scale-think I will give it a couple of weeks" Ummmm, maybe you should go ahead and put on the clothes..it might help with those dreams you've been having. :-)

cherk said...

Karen-ha ha, good grief at least I wasn't naked in my dream that would be more like a nightmare!