Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Yep, just like I imagined

I mentioned January is here and so is the roller coaster ride of work. I managed to in a single day:
-Meet with literacy and math coaches for 2 hours-this was time well spent
-Meet with the school counselor-3 times about 3 different situations
-Meet with teacher-made her cry
-Meet with student-made him cry
-Meet with a parent about their child stealing-that child WILL BE crying
-Returned phone calls to 3 parents-Thankfully no crying
-Received one phone call from one irate parent about our parking and parking lot supervision
-Meet with teachers over lunch about new literacy materials
-Field questions from a substitute about a special education student (which really was none of her business)
-Filled out paperwork to hire a new staff person
-Met with the counselor again to rehash the day

In between all of this I answered emails and ate my lunch at the same time and didn't make it into a single classroom to get a hug or say hello.

Our superintendent has a saying for us, "Ask yourself was I better today than yesterday?" Not sure but I can aim high tomorrow!

AND the day was so busy and I was thinking it was Wine Wednesday. SIGH it is only Tuesday, boot camp will have to do.

4 comments:

carey said...

argh. i think everyone should have to walk in your heels for a day...being a principal cannot be easy. i hope today was a much better day!

Karen said...

Wow. I'm sure you handled it with grace, Cher. I admire that you tackle the hard stuff along with the hugs.

I think more than one person crying = wine. It should be a rule.

bobbione8y said...

wow. i wonder if i would have applied to teach if you had posted a few of these days before :)) ha.

that's a lot.

Chris said...

I have been there, Cher. Not so easy. One thing I had such a hard time with, and you seem to do this better than I did, was to saver the times when I know I was effective. It can feel like all you do is deal with the hard stuff, but it is in doing that tha the good stuff is possible:)