Saturday, January 8, 2011

Ahhh the weekend

We all made it through our first week back to school. Everyone survived. My headache I had before Christmas break is back. I am hoping it is PMS and not work related as I fear-stress headaches are evil.
The 2nd quarter ends for big fry next week. We put the hammer down this morning with the last of the big projects that are due before the end. NO games until they are done. Let's say our Saturday started off with grumbling at our declaration. There was more grumbling when he went to his backpack and found he didn't have the necessary Social Studies book to do the project. It took all my will power not to lose it, the lecturer in me just about popped out. The new tween/teen book I am reading on my new kindle helped immensely in this area.
Small fry and I need to clothes shopping... he declared last week he had NO long sleeve shirts, I scoffed and told him look harder. I looked harder and he was right-I was a little zealous in cleaning out his closet over the break.

Good news: Big Fry just came and declared "Good news, I just need a map, I can find that on the internet" Whew thank goodness for ALL of us

4 comments:

Karen said...

Did that declaration help your headache?

I think you need a massage.

cherk said...

I do need a massage, February is my yearly treat. And yep the declaration made me feel tons better. That kid worked on that dang map ALL Saturday, and I mean hours. I am sure if he had gotten up out of his chair a little bit less he may have cut the time by half

carey said...

i am guessing you have a three day weekend coming up next week? THAT ought to help the headache too:)

we have banned all electronics. again.

so you see, we are always on the same page.

cherk said...

Good for you, the concept works extremely well on the weekends. It is way harder when Big Fry is home by himself from 3-5 is a true test of self control. Not a tween/teen personality strength.