Monday, January 3, 2011

Warning profanity below

Big Fry had a project to interview an elderly member of his family and write a biography. We spaced it off over the break. We had meant to ask his great grandma while she was here, but it was just to crazy. Probably a good thing, she wanted to know where our 3rd child was and if I was still teaching, so it may have been a little difficult-there are over 20 very in-depth questions.
The project is late, he chooses my dad-a man he very much admires. I call, confirm a phone time and come home to help him do the "interview". As I am dialing the phone, he starts crying, telling me he just can't talk to Papa on the phone. "It is too emotional for me mom, I still miss him so much".

Damn, damn, damn

I disconnect and the questions are emailed...

Damn again

3 comments:

carey said...

I bet it will make your dad feel good knowing that A feels this way about him. It's good to be missed.

Karen said...

I love how you warn us about profanity. You know, 'cause we're so perfect. :-)

I'm sorry that the situation is what it is, but love, even the painful kind, is better than no love. My heart goes out to you both--I know how this must be killing you.

Chris said...

ohh, that one is hard. Not only do you understand how he feels, but you validate his feelings too.