Saturday, January 8, 2011

w.o.d

In an effort to up the ante a little bit with working out-can we say "plateau"? I am trying, emphasis on the word trying, to do the crossfit work out of the day. I have yet to do a full work out, either the weight amount or the reps. These suckers are HARD! Today's attempt was:

Actual crossfit work out
1 mile run
50 pull ups (no assist)
50 dead lifts-medium weight
50 ball wall throws
Do this TWICE and time yourself to see how you did

Here was my feeble attempt
.7 mile run (the warm up)
30 dead lifts-lighter weight (remember I am not wanting to aggravate the back with bad form)
30 pull ups on the assist machine
1 mile
30-dead lifts
30-pull ups-barely

I didn't even keep time... so now I have a goal to do this workout completely, at least the reps...now it is time to eat some guacamole:)

5 comments:

Karen said...

Mmmmm, guacamole. :-)

So where does one find the crossfit workout of the day?

cherk said...

on the crossfit website...be warned some are pretty impossible, the amount of weight is not always safe. That would explain my numerous modifications. I just try to take the routine and do it to mix up the work out. For better results you are to try and "confuse" your body:)

Karen said...

My body is confused already...it wants to know why it doesn't fit into its jeans...

carey said...

50 pull-ups unassisted? i couldn't even do that if they took the 0 off the back :)

good job, though. i am actually trying to get motivated to work out right now.

the hardest part for me is putting on the clothes and just starting.

cherk said...

Carey-me either, I am hoping all of these assisted ones will somehow get me to do at least 5 good ones. Some of the crossfit stuff is so impossible I just skip. I do just enough to confuse MY body-it doesn't take much:)