Monday, July 21, 2008

These things I loved today

Just a quick top 10 of the wonderful things to be happy about today:

10. My new sangria recipe-yummm and a great relaxer for bed time (could almost put this on the top 10 list twice)
9. Mowing my grass and watering my plants (that are all still alive)
8. Found the exact outdoor lights for the patio area I have been looking for
7. Son number 1 finding a walking stick bug and sitting outside letting it crawl all over him
6. Desk orgranization
5. A really good, long and sweaty workout
4. A fun, rowdy cookout night last night with friends and neighbors
3 Watching son # 1 and hubby practice catch
2. The sweet sweaty smell of boy hair after they are totally asleep and I give them their last kiss for the night
1. Son number two crawling into bed with me after hubby goes to work and curling up against my back and his soft quiet sleepy breathing.

Hope you all take time and sit back and enjoy the every day things.

10 comments:

Karen said...

I love your list. Will concentrate tomorrow on one of my own. For now my list includes:

everyone is in bed
house is finally quiet
Skinny Cow ice cream Skinny Dippers come in mint chocolate
Cher has new sangria recipe

Karen said...

WELL??? Are you going to apply for the job?

I couldn't sleep last night, either. I ended up writing a story about my mom.

cherk said...

Karen-the position is already filled. My sped director also said interning and doing a new job would be too much. It was a super looooong shot anyway.
You were more constructive then me last night, Tylenol PM worked for me:)

carey said...

love the list. it shows how very big your heart is.

ok, i am sitting here missing my old friends. reading blogs just isn't the same.

i will try for a trip to rapid before school gets out, timed for when karen and chris are there, as long as cher makes her sangria and karen chicken enchiladas with chips and salsa.

Karen said...

Deal!!

Cher, sorry about the job, and the loss of sleep. It must not have been the right one for you.

cherk said...

Carey-All right it is a date, you and Karen need to coordinate when everyone one will be here at the same time and my doors will be open and Sangria will be ready. I can also get in touch with Steph and Suree and whoever! Mel is ALWAYS welcome!

carey said...

ok, i will know more when things shake out a bit with the husband, but i'm thinking i could be there August 13-15, and come home for the last weekend before school starts.

i'll have the boys with me, and we'll probably stay with Ed.

again, i'll know more later next week. maybe bobbi will want to come with me, if she can handle a roadtrip with rowdy boys.

Karen said...

Yippee!!! I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU GUYS!!

cherk said...

Wahooooo, are we looking at the evening of the 14th for a get together? I think I remember Chris mentioning her grandpa's b-day party on the 15th-don't want to overlap

I have couches at my house and a couple of bunkbeds to. We can give Bobbi the top bunk:)

bobbione8y said...

um, yes Carey, i would like to come :)

i'm a camper girl now. i'll sleep anywhere :)