Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Ahhhh another lake day



We have found our new favorite lake-well ok not really new and there only about 3 here to pick from. I packed up the boys to go to Angostura. I have not been there in hmmmm 20 years-ouch that hurts to say that!

It was perfect-no breeze, no muck, no garbage and lots of water. The boys loved it.


Of couse Angostura and I have a history and I tend to get lost out there (Hmm anybody reading here have the same problem-Carey?). So I miss the north shore turn off and pass the south shore turn off thinking I am heading NORTH-I am not. I call hubby and ask him to map quest it he says keep going the lake is big. So I keep going until I come to a town called Olerichs-which I remember is really close to NEBRASKA! I call hubby back, he tells me ummmm yeah you are south about 30 miles south. So we break out some cookies, turn around and find the turn off.


We will definitely squeeze in at least one if not two more trips there this summer.

3 comments:

carey said...

haha. this one made me giggle. i think we drove around for about 3 hours looking for road dust so we could find the party.

i think deep down, we were both a little bit afraid we MIGHT actually find it.

Karen said...

All legend, those parties, legend!;)

Chris said...

That was also chris writting under karen's name.
chris