Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Cold feet

Sooo it has begun the principal internship and last year of my masters. I already have some interviews to sit in on and principal meetings to attend Aug 12/13 in the AM (of course when all my friends are coming in to town!).
This fall I intern, take two classes and then the spring 1 class, intern, develop my electronic portfolio and prepare for oral exams in July. Unless there is a job opening and I MAY attempt them in March. I am starting to get a little anxiety about the whole process. I put 100% into my work and this year I have new kids and with all this excess stuff I am worried about home and my sanity suffering. I don't have to put in alot of extra hours or any weekend or night time and think the end of that might be coming.
The anxiety also lies in the big picture of What ifs. What if no principal jobs come open in the next few years? What if they DO and I don't even get an interview or worse yet interview and don't get hired? The competitive, people pleaser in me will not like that at all. Now that I am almost done with the program I KNOW this is what I really want to do and not just for the doubling of my salary,(which would be an excellent bonus for us)-but because I love working with and movivating teachers and working with parents and maybe making a difference in some small way.

Agggggg I think I have the "end of summer coming" anxiety-usually I just worry about A going back to school and hoping he and the teacher hit if off , and he tries and doesn't get frustrated and makes or keep some friends and now I have these extra things and and and....


WORRY is such an icky word...

1 comment:

Chris said...

Oh I know how you feel. It is really hard, and I can't imagine doing all of that with a family! You can do it though, Cher. It will feel so good when you are done. You never know what it all means until you get there.