Wednesday, July 9, 2008

A not fun mom day

Today was probably the first day of summer that we did nothing super dooper fun. Kind of by choice and kind of by accident. Had pool plans in the back of my head but a little behavior issue cancelled that out and once I got to doing stuff around the house there was just no stopping me.

Here is the list of the not fun things that happened or I accomplished today:

Cleaned under the boys beds-wow it was like a finding a whole toy box under there
Listened to whining about summer school work-kept my words/temper to myself, waited it out and ta-da done in no time
Finished the laundry that has been only done in bits and pieces for the last two weeks
Homework-mine-I didn't whine but get REALLY distracted on the computer sometimes-my mouse has a mind of its own and heads to other places
Attempted to go to the Y but my IPOD went dead-I am wimp-no music I head home-can catch a run/walk later
Forgot some things at the grocery store-need to go back
Forgot to NOT answer the phone and my in-laws-who happened to be in town- caught me home
Listened to lots of sibling arguing everytime the two kiddos where in the same 10 ft area together
Looked at my calendar a million times for gaps to travel to Sioux Falls and not finding a gap that fits in with everything else-grrrrrrr

Not a bad day all in all just some minor annoyances to vent-tomorrow fun day here we come

2 comments:

Karen said...

What's on the Fun Day roster???

Chris said...

Wow, I could use your energy right now.