Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Procrastination

Procrastination defined:

-to put off intentionally and habitually

-The act of postponing, delaying or putting off, especially out of habitual carelessness or laziness

-Procrastination is a type of behaviour which is characterised by deferment of actions or tasks to a later time. Psychologists often cite procrastination as a mechanism for coping with the anxiety associated with starting or completing any task or decision

The last one is pretty deep.

Whatever it is I have it with the the 2 five page papers, 1 -2 page paper and one powerpoint presentation for my masters. Some are not due until the first of August, but trying to block out time-uninterruped time here at home is a pain. The boys are fine, it is me I can think of a zillion other things to do. Oh well

4 comments:

Karen said...

Procrastination is a beautiful word, don't let anyone tell you anything different. I belong to the group of procrastinators that actually cannot get anything done until the 12th hour, when my creative genius and adrenaline kick in.

I have a grant proposal due Thursday. Wanna come over and play?? I also have a really good bottle of Merlot...

carey said...

procrastination drives every project i take on. it's a good thing. so...come next week, i'll be thinking of you, kicking it into overdrive.

bobbione8y said...

hey, i am in the dictionary!


:)

cherk said...

Thanks guys I feel so not alone anymore was thinging I had an attention/staying on task problem