Sunday, July 27, 2008

Jam packed weekend




We started our weekend with Friday night races-it was perfect-not hot, no rain and a little breeze.

Saturday was camping, camping with all 4 of us is a love/hate relationship. I love camping, hubby hates it but does it for the boys-who fought quite a bit of the time-it wasn't one of our better camping trips-I always vow I will sell the stupid pop-up after the summer is over. It was super hot and rained much of the night BUT we were able to have a fire, make chili dogs and eat to many smores and get a little fishing in this morning.


The best part was rainbow hunting after the rain. Horse Thief Lake never lets us down. Since A-man was little we have talked about rainbows being a hello from God (I know, it is silly and Karen is cringing at me right now) and so seeing one is always special. So we are up on top of these granite rocks in the gusty wind and rain and I am taking pics and A-man mentions it being a hello from God and says we should stop right now and say our prayers right here and not wait until bed. So he did while Q danced around in the rain totally not paying attention. It was a priceless moment and made the trip totally worth it.


Now I am busy making potato salad for a neighborhood bbq and then the next two days are working on my paper for my other class. Whewwwwww

By the way-we did discuss how rainbows are REALLY made.

4 comments:

Karen said...

Cher, I for one think that it is precious and fun for kids to see evidence of God. It does come from God, no matter the science behind it. What is even better, is the special moment you shared with your family. What did Shane think about the whole rainbow thing?

Karen said...

By the way, it is Chris who wrote that last comment, I am signed in under Karen's blog right now.
Chris

bobbione8y said...

oh. those rainbow pics are priceless. i agree with Chris, that probably WAS a hello from God :)

carey said...

i love that rainbow picture. you should blow it up and frame it, and call it Hello from God.

seriously.

and i agree with the first karen/chris comment.