Saturday, March 28, 2009

Really, really almost done

This is the first weekend in a LONG time I have started to feel relaxed and not in a frenzied pace to juggle everything and get two million things done. 6 days and counting until the 8:00 kick off time for orals. The end is so close that it feels like weight is being lifted off me every day. I ran through my presentation with my advisor yesterday and just a little tweaking. Now if I can stay as relaxed for the whole thing we will be doing good. I have the day all planned out, orals at 8:00, hour long massage at 12:00, still debating to go for the gold and do a pedicure to. 3:30 meet people downtown for a celebration, coworkers, friends, and of course hubby. I still have some course work and intern stuff to catch up on, but it will feel like a cake walk after Friday is done. Of course I have to go and pick up a cap and gown-ick being 38 and back in a graduation cap-even if it is for a hooding ceremony, feels weird-like being back in high school. The best thing about it is having the boys there. I really want them to see that at any age you can be a learner and do something new. I hope they recognize all those long nights without me, at class or glued to my computer, and all those nights with lame spaghetti or *gasp* happy meals are worth it. Worth it not because of the money or promotion, but taking a risk and challenging yourself for something you love and believe in is so worth it, and knowing you can make a difference.

2 comments:

Chris said...

Oh I am soooo happy for you, you can see the light!! Wish I was going to be there to celebrate, but I know you are going do a great job on your orals!!

cherk said...

I wish you were here to. I know lots of people have their masters and done greater things but I am very excited anyway!