Saturday, January 26, 2008

What a small world...

My working out story will defintiely not beat Karen's snot story but one worth sharing. I started to feel like crud and missed my boot camp class this morning so ended up going to the Y later in the day. I purposely avoid the Y later in the day because of more people and maybe actually running into someone I know and having to make small talk-hate small take-hate small talk while working out even more. So after I get done on the elliptical and doing some heavy leg work-squats etc, I head over to the other side of the gym and see someone familiar. Ahhhh it is my GI doctor who I had the privilege of just seeing last week for a pretty invasive procedure-no details needed. I am not sure what bothered me more-the embarrassing blubbering I did after the appt, and the dr witnessed-I blame the strong drugs. Or the actual mental image of what this guy does for a living and doing it with ME. Yeah, think of something else quickly!! Ahhh nice sandy beach, trees, ocean....

6 comments:

Chris said...

Oh man, that is just wrong! They should never leave their Doctor's office's.

Karen said...

HA! That kind of thing happened to me in Germany, where my new friend Tabitha's husband just happened to be the dude who did my pap smear the day before we all got together for dinner. THAT was fun.

Hey, thanks for the words on my Tense post. You are totally right, that's the better way to look at it. :-)

bobbione8y said...

yes. my urologist is the husband of a dear friend of mine from church. i had to have an "exam" this summer, and a week later had to sit at a christian music festival with the whole family.

no eye contact was made during that entire period :)

carey said...

i bet he was thinking "oh man. oh man. i know i've seen that woman before. how do i know her? hmmm."

it's not like they really get a good look at your face, you know? :)

Karen said...

We miss you Cher-Bear!

carey said...

yeah, where the heck are you???

(us bloggers can be a bit demanding)