Tuesday, January 15, 2008

warning: venting inside

Ok, I admit I have not written because I have been CRABBY.
Here is my list of the following things I am crabby about:

*Medical tests that come along every three years (really hate those)-definitly on my "not favorite" things to do list

*Diet that goes with my medical test-living without fruit and vegetables for two days is not fun

*My husband being out of town this week-causing me to miss my favorite boot camp class at the YMCA and other working out opportunities when I need it the most.

*My inabilty to control my comfort eating when I am stressed

*Birthday Parties-Kids ones that is, especially when your son's friend said he was invited while playing at your house and then same son comes home and says he thinks the party is already over. That honestly almost hurts more then upcoming appt.

There it is my lovely venting post, but where there is rain there are rainbows here are some things to make me laugh.

*Boot camp class teacher and personal trainer says I am looking leaner-butt looks smaller (not after all the eating this week buddy!)

Actual conversation:
A to his brother: Quinn you are pathetic
Mom: A-don't say that, its rude-go sit on the stairs
Q: Yeah A that's rude
Q: Mom, what does pathetic mean?

Our dinner time discussion centered around A's girlfriend named Aspen (hmmm nice sounding granola name-I like it). Brown hair with highlights (his words not mine) and he thinks brown eyes, they swing together AND she is on crutches-her dad ran over her foot. More information then I needed.
I commented that he was too young for a girlfriend, she is just a friend that happens to be a girl. I was corrected and told 8 1/2 is not too young for a girlfriend.


Each day is a succulent new beginning
Be still and let the beauty come
Sark

4 comments:

carey said...

ok, i want to see your boot camp butt. is that so wrong?

on a serious note, i understand your crabbiness. you deserve to be crabby. tests like those would put anyone over the edge. BUT...let's focus on the fact that after friday you will not have to endure this again for another three years. AND you have monday off, right? see, things are looking up. almost over the rainbow...

cherk said...

Nothing wrong with wanting to check out my boot camp butt-there is still ALOT there to see. Maybe gravity is just starting to pull it down a little less:)

Karen said...

Oh stop. I saw your butt just last month, and it looks great. Besides, you know you could snap all those little Barbie girls in two, and you know that your husband loves you the way you are.

Am praying for you this week. Keep us posted on the (excellent) test results).

Chris said...

Dig your butt man! Please let us know how things went. I am thinking and praying for you!