Monday, January 21, 2008

Procrastinating




I am sitting here on my computer, putting off working on a presentation I am supposed to give tomorrow at another school and homework for my next class. I am being sucked into the blog dimension instead.

I have a story related to my recent appointment which I posted previously was fabulous news. I was driving in the car and jamming to music when this very old song by Rare Earth came on-for those of you who know me way back, I love weird old songs. Anyway it had this line-"I just wanna celebrate another day of living..."that was the chorus with this really cool funky blues sound. So I am singing along as loud as I can and amazed at what a gift life is. I promised to myself I will wake up each morning and go to bed each night thinking of that and being thankful- taking time for reflection during each day no matter how hectic, annoying, frustrating or tiring.

Enjoy the pics I struggled out in below zero temperatures to take for fun. You can also click the link and go down to "I just wanna celebrate"-maybe sing along when nobody is watching!




5 comments:

carey said...

oh, the wierd songs i remember well. good thing for you or i would have had no culture beyond milli vanilli. ha.

Karen said...

Fab pics, Cher Bear. I love the snow, and I love that you're happy and healthy!

Chris said...

I love this post. Thank you for reminding me to be thankful. I am struggling with that right now.

cherk said...

Chris-I am sorry to hear that you are sad. Being thankful is HARD and doesn't mean we aren't allowed the other emotions we are meant to have. It seems I work constantly to change my patterns of thinking about things I cannot control and focus on the things I can.Have faith in your beliefs and have faith in yourself.

Chris said...

Yeah, you are right. It is all about things I can't control. I have a hard time giving up control sometimes, ok most of the time!:)