Tuesday, January 22, 2008

When hubby is away...

My hubby has left for the week on a work trip and this has been the chain of events so far:

Q threw up in his bed, both the top and bottom bunk-don't ask how

My tire went flat,luckily noticed by a kind driver, which I did not change in the middle of this cold freeze but drove directly on the back soft snowy streets to the tire place

My microwave was making very strange popping and humming noises while making "A" his pancake/sausage thing-a-ma-jig on a stick . I went directly after work to get a new one- the thought of reheating something in a pan was horrifying

"A" woke up "sick" and ended up staying home while I went to work-had to be there for a presentation I was doing. When I checked on him at lunch he said he was feeling MUCH better-ummm yeah-faker. Assigned him all the times to tables to copy for good measure (he must have been faking-he did them and even called to tell me he did a few extra)

While working on my presentation late last night-had a momentary scare with not being able to save the most recent saved powerpoint-somehow pressed a whole bunch of buttons and it worked.

None of these things are earth shattering but definitly worthy of a little sympathy Ben and Jerry ice cream after everyone was tucked in. Yummmmmm it is settling into my middle already along with the Red Lobster we had earlier. Yeah I was to lazy to cook also:)

3 comments:

Karen said...

Good grief, it sounds like your husband just deployed. Everything goes wrong when they leave, I think so that we'll appreciate them more when they finally come back.

I totally would have eaten that ice cream with you, you know I would.

carey said...

yep, jamie went skiing for three days and the washer broke, the TV broke and jace's zipper on his ski coat won't zip.

at least no one yakked on two bunk beds. you win.

Karen said...

Yeah, EW.