Thursday, January 3, 2008

ugggggg


Thank you all for such a nice welcome as I venture into blogging. I will attempt the picture thing again, must have been something with uploading.

I made the phone call for my not so favorite appointment coming up. It is amazing how setting a time and date for something so simple can almost have me in tears when I get off the phone. BUT anyway, the personal history part is always amusing.

Desk lady-So what is your birthdate

Me-12/20/70

Desk Lady-Oh (pause), you were very young to have colon cancer

Me-Mmmm hmmmm

What I really wanted to say: Yes, I know I have been an unoffical club member of a disease reserved for the AARP.


She goes on to ask crucial health questions

Desk Lady-Have you had any joint replacements such as knee or hip?

Me-No

What I wanted to say-No, but you can replace my bosom if you would like-how about a nice size B when I wake up.

Desk Lady-Have you had any cataract or gluacoma surgery?

Me-No,

What I really wanted to say: Mmmm no but if you would like to take off my marshmallow kangaroo pouch on my stomach from having 2 8lb babies while I am under that would be great

Desk Lady-Do you use a cane, wheelchair or walker?

Me-No

What I really wanted to say-Only after putting up a pop up camper by myself in sweltering heat



To top off the day we had our first phone call from the principal-"A" got in a scuffle when he and some boys were goofing around and they knocked off his glasses. He lost his temper (not sure who he learned that from) and they all ended up on the ground. Luckily, glasses were found, good thing, poor kid is as blind as me and he just got a warning. Getting ready for a busy weekend, A and Q have their first ice skating lessons, a b-day party and my first session with a personal trainer.



For Chris-the picture is supposed to be down here

I bring you gorgeous flowers to stand beside your gorgeous self

Go to where you want to be, and the resources will follow

Sark

5 comments:

carey said...

ah, that's the cher i know and love. i am laughing out loud over here.

on a serious note, when is your appointment? i know it's scary, but try not to let it take over your brain. you will be fine. ok?

can i go to the personal trainer with you? :)

Chris said...

Cher, you can click on the picture and drag it down after you have your text written. Um, but if you have looked at my latest blog, you will understand that I am really no expert!:) I too want to know when your appointment is. I have felt a lot of guilt not being there for you when you were going through cancer. I really didn't know at the time it was happening. But I am, and will always be there for you now. Hope you don't mind some prayers.

Chris said...

PS, I really wish you would actually say what you are thinking more often! The desk lady's reaction would be priceless.

cherk said...

Appt is January 18th. When she asked me if I wanted "light" or "deep" sedation. I should have said how about "light" for the next two weeks and "heavy" when I actually get there:). It doesn't take over my brain all the time, just my imagination getting out of hand. Having the personal trainer to go to the next 3 weekends will help, gives me something to focus on and not think that there is no point to plan ahead. I tend to think that way if I think too much. The trainer does my boot camp class I go to so I am excited.

Chris-Don't feel guilty in any way! It was not something I shared outside of work-who I had to tell and 2 or 3 good friends. Telling few people minimized it. And the surgeon said after surgery not to think another thing of it that I was very lucky so that is what I do! Wow, even my posts ramble!

Karen said...

HA! I wish you had said every single one of those things.

My prayers are with you--let us know how the appt. goes.