Friday, January 4, 2008

Shopping for a girl!

Ha ha did my title catch you a little off guard? No girls here, Quinn and I went shopping for a paryt he was invited to for a girl. He is very excited, he has a serious crush. So we go to Shopko to buy a present. He was great anxiety, kept saying, "What if she doesn't like it?". He was adorable. We had to pick out the wrapping paper, ribbon, card and found some bracelets on clearance he knew she would LOVE-his words not mine. The best part is when we get in the car and he said: That was really fun, I think we should have a girl at our house. This is coming from the child who usually calls anyone under the age of 4 "those little people who follow me around".
It was a beautiful moment. Off to pizza and movie night.

4 comments:

Karen said...

My heart stopped! A girl at your house?? I can't even imagine it. :-)

Chris said...

Yeah, my eyes popped out at that too! How did all my friends get such cute and funny kids? I love it!

carey said...

Yep, my boys have little crushes too and i totally get a kick out of it. I'm not looking forward to the day when those stupid girls smoosh their hearts all over the place though. Sigh.

cherk said...

The girl crushes are amusing to me. Alec had a frenzy of kissing last year, got himself into lots of trouble. He told me the girls ASK him to chase them and THEN go tell on him. I said if there is one thing he needs to learn and remember is that all girls are liars:). Except his mom of course!