Tuesday, January 1, 2008

The very first official blog

Ok, now that I know I can actually post something here it goes. I have been reading gazillions of entries and already know that my words will not be as eloquent as others I know, or as hilarious. I am guessing my writing will be more like rambling-with thoughts being typed as fast as they would fly out of my mouth. Also any assisance with including photos would be greatly appreciated.
I am hoping this blog keeps me in touch with people I have fallen out of touch with and can in a small way be part of their lives and they part of mine. As the new year starts, we as a family are coming off of a great year. My hubby got a new job this year, I continue to work on my masters. A's school year is going well-each year gets better for him (which works wonders for my mood). Qball started kindergarten and of course is the "advanced" child and loves school-these are both stories for another time. We had a wonderful family vacation and in general I am grateful and thankful for everything!
Which is why this time of year always sends me into a tail spin with my yearly follow up doctor visits following my colon surgery 4 years ago. This year I have a couple of extra tests and the pessamist/negative little person that lives in my brain starts to wait for the other shoe to fall. BUT I am determined to not let this control me for the next six weeks and not worry about things out of my control (which is hard to do for one addicted to worrying). Blogging may help me share these worries which are not easy for me to do, showing weakness and vulnerability is not my nature. I am also excited to share fun and sarcastic things which ARE my nature.
I will end this first, long and rambling blog (told you) with a couple of quotes.

Qball-As I am getting dressed for Christmas Eve-"Mom, I love your dress (actually a shirt), it is so sparkly"
Conversation before above shirt was purchased:
A-Mom sure is taking a long time getting groceries
Hubby-She sure is
A-I bet she is getting a shiny new shirt to take the place of her favorite one she burned.
Ahhh how well my boys know me

Ride through life on a creative cycle
Your real vision is immeasurably valuable and I dare you to let it out! Let us all see what you have made real from your dreams and imagination
We are waiting to see...
By Sark

5 comments:

Chris said...

I love your ramblings! It is a great way to get things out, isn't it. I use it as therapy sometimes, as you will read from my blog I'm sure. Glad to have you among one of my blog friends!

Karen said...

I love your ramblings, too! I can hear your voice when I'm reading them!

I love Sark, too!!

carey said...

hey cher bear, i am SO GLAD you are doing this. the blog thing can be pretty therapeutic, like this cool support group of people who care enough to see what you're up to each day. i listened to tom petty on my way home from colorado, always makes me think of you.

keep writing and i will keep reading :)

carey said...

by the way, for photos just go click the little photo icon on the page you type on, and it will let you browse downloaded photos and stuff from your computer...

cherk said...

Thanks to everyone for responding, you guys are quick!