Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Back.......

Sorry about being out of the blogger loop, nice of some of you to notice. Last weekend I was fighting off some kind of virus, my class started and Shane is out of town this week so nights have been a little busy. I am also trying to stay OFF the computer until the boys go to bed so they can have my full attention. I am an EXCELLENT multitasker to a fault and then do ignore them.
I am also in a pensive mood. My two boys who I love dearly, sometimes drive me crazy and make me wonder if they will grow up to still love me and be "normal" people. Sometimes the little things make me wonder what the heck I am doing as a parent. The talking back and general "mouthiness", arguing, sibling quarreling (remember I have none so treading on foreign soil there), my oldest son's extremely emotional side-(where would that come from), school struggles take me out of my element. I sit and wonder how someone who is considered a wonderful successful teacher by both peers and parents can have moments of what the heck am I doing. Thankfully Shane is a rock, he says I worry too much-can't imagine why he would think that. He says I was not a "normal" kid with my people pleasing behavior-he reminds me often kids are not perfect! Sometimes I just sit back and wonder if my sarcasm, voice raising, over lecturing and occasional loss of temper is causing permanent damage. Uggggggggggg Aren't you so glad you asked me where I have been:) Wow another venting, rambling post-I apologize.


The push up contest-I went from girl push ups in October to being able to do many for boot camp, but guessing you can all beat me, my kids are no help-not that much of an athletic bone in their body. BUT the real challenge is can you do 100 full squats in 3 minutes with a bar and weight?



Ok, off to homework which is ALWAYS a big hit here.

3 comments:

carey said...

none of us do it "right" buddy. we all lose our tempers and yell and say things we regret. it's OK. the problem is when we beat ourselves up over it and let the guilt steal our joy.

"sorry" is a great word, and covers up so many things.

your boys are fine. the fact that you worry so much just proves you are a great mom.

as for the push-ups--this is actually something we do sometimes when our boys are fighting. we make them stop immediately and do 10 push-ups, 10 sit-ups and 10 toe touches. by the time they are done, they forget what they were fighting about and WE have become the enemy.

ha.

Karen said...

I know this is something you really worry about. I do think that if they're loved and have their basic needs met, they will turn out just fine. At least that's what I keep telling myself. :-)

Chris said...

You guys said this so well, so I won't get on my soap box here. Cher, I will say that I have always been impressed with how you raise you boys. They are lucky to have such great parents.