Wednesday, February 6, 2008

yesssssss

Soooooo hubby is out of town which leads to hectic nights, not good eating and lots of snacking. I don't feel like going to boot camp tonight but know it is GOOD for me so pack up the kids to the neighbors and head out. As a little background the class is not for the faint of heart and the majority that go are in SHAPE. I admire more the people who are not and go and give it their all. The other newbies that have been showing up are a couple of 17 year old hotties who really have no need to work out but they are pretty friendly. There is nothing like making you feel your age (almost 40, yes some good friends of mine, lets start embracing and accepting but not without a fight) then working out next to a hot 17 year old.

So before class the trainer and young girl are discussing the music selection-he mentions a song and says to her, "You know the one from Top Gun" and I obliging point out, " Ummm no Jim she doesn't, she wasn't even born then like the rest of us" and we all have a good laugh and the other girl behind mentions she is 27 and I comment about how young 27 is. The 17 year old hottie turns to me then and says, "Yeah but you look great and are pretty amazing, do you even have kids?" LOVE HER

I about fell over and don't even know if I said thank you (she probably thinks I was rude when I didn't gush) but I was stunned. BUT for once I am accepting a compliment at face value and basking in the glow.

3 comments:

carey said...

yep, buddy. you are one of those lucky ones who just keeps getting better with age. take THAT compliment to victoria's secret and buy yourself something nice :)

Karen said...

So why does it take some 17-year old girly to tell you you're hot? I've been telling you that since November!!!

Chris said...

I've been telling you that since highschool!:) That has to feel good to hear though from one of those young cuties. I could use some complimenting about now! Would be nice if it was from the opposite sex though.