Monday, February 18, 2008

4 down 1 to go

Today was the official day of having my yearly check up after my colon surgery four years ago. I met with my surgeon who goes through all the rounds of scans, blood tests etc..... and shares the info with me. All is well he proclaims I am "fixed" and everything looks good. Ahhhhhh sigh of relief-not that I was too worried about it. But this date and milestone is just as important if not more then Valentine's Day or any other holiday except the boys' birthdays so of course I made plans to celebrate. The day was bliss....I had an hour long deep pressure massage, relaxing lunch with a friend, trip to the library with same friend and of couse excellent conversation as always with same friend.
This entry today is for my friend, soul sister actually, who celebrated with me-my friend Suree. This woman and I have had the best of times together and our share of fights. She has been there for me at the greatest times of my life-my wedding and in the delivery room for A's longggggggg, scary not breathing birth to Q's coming out flying birth. She has been there for the worst-my surgery and constant medical anxiety. She is the one person I can share scary dark truths with and my jagged honesty without fear of judgement, highs and lows of parenting and of course lots of sex talk. She is a person who understands my perfectionistic controlling feelings, competiveness, sensitive side and my blunt, down and dirty sense of humor. We can jam out in the car to crazy songs and it feels like we are 20 again. To her I say thank you for always being there.

Have you talked to your best friend-your soul sister lately? Give her a call:)

4 comments:

carey said...

just reading your post made me miss suree. she is a keeper, and i'm glad you have her so close in your life. girlfriends are HUGE. i thank this blog thing for bringing YOU back into my life, cher. you are a keeper, too.

cherk said...

Right back at ya with all my heart:)

Karen said...

Oh, so happy for you! I am thanking God for your excellent health, Cher Bear. :-)

Chris said...

What a great tribute to Sureebee! You are all keepers in my book! How did I get so luchy to find friends like you all OVER 20 years ago?!