Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Social butterfly

Report cards are out and one of my younger son's comments is about his not-so-good choices with talking. So we have the following conversation:
Me: So where is it that you are having the problem with talking to much?
Q: I don't know
Me: Is it at centers or at your desk?
Q: No, circle
Me: ahhh isn't the circle time when Mrs. J is giving directions and you really should be listening
Q: Mom, I sit by my friends at circle, I can't help if they ALWAYS want to talk to me
Me: Well I think you need to work on not talking and more listening
Q: MOMMMM, I HAVE 2 ears (he points to them) I can listen to her with THIS one and my friend with the OTHER one

Ahhh, at this time I have to walk away because 1) I was trying not to laugh at his dead pan seriousness and 2) School is sometimes a little too easy and he really can listen to her AND a friend at the same time and understand BOTH of them

2 comments:

Karen said...

I know this story so well! I never, ever had a report card that didn't say, "Karen spends too much time socializing." And now, of course, the Monkey is following in my footsteps.

I know it's hard on teachers, but why can't we just let them be who they are???

bobbione8y said...

sounds like somebody else we all know (me) - never ever got in trouble in school, except for talking too much ;)