Friday, December 11, 2009

The tree is up

The tree is up and not without a few tears. The wise young boy at the boys club says as he is cutting the bottom, "Are you sure your tree stand is big enough". In my tree buzz I barely glance and say "Of course". I bring the tree home and actually eyeball the trunk, hmmm pretty big. I get the metal ring to test it. Nope not big enough. I tell hubby, who is pretty unsympathetic after all these years to my tree angst. I drive around to 4 places with the last one being the jackpot. We put the tree in and...well it doesn't touch the bottom-to many branches. Hubby is even more unsympathetic and says, "this is it, next year a fake tree". He goes to get a tape measure, I mean while get a brick, small piece of wood and try to lift it myself. By this time really in tears. We get the blasted thing in the stand, the one thing I looked forward to doing all day, and now I just want it to go away.
Not as terrible as Karen's day, and a tree is definitely not worth crying about-just the straw that broke the camel's back as it was the second day since the start of my new job I have actually come home "crabby". Hate coming home "crabby" and now hubby is hiding in the basement.

6 comments:

Karen said...

It IS a big deal, Cher! I would have (have!) done exactly the same thing.

I'm glad it's up, I hope you and the hub have made peace.

cherk said...

Karen-well today was round 2. I checked all the lights before putting them and they decide to die while on the tree, I have to take everything off because of course the lights were first. Then we realize it is LEANING. We straighten it and hubby says-wow do you think it feels dry already-good grief I hope the thing makes until Dec. 25.

Karen said...

Crap. As much as I hate fake trees, this might actually be a pretty good argument for one...I sure hope it lasts.

bobbione8y said...

i am pretty sure we ALL need a holiday break.

carey said...

i cried the other day because i couldn't find a phone number that i really needed.

yes, indeed. it is time for a vacation.

cherk said...

Oh Carey, once all this craziness of moving and house stuff is done it will get so much better, trust me