Wednesday, December 9, 2009

wise words from Sark...

Sark is way out there I admit but she does have tidbits that hit the spot.
from How to Really Love a Child
"Be there...if they are crabby, put them in water. If they are unloveable, love yourself. Realize how important it is to be a child"

I read this while going to the bathroom in the boys bathroom BECAUSE my hormonal big fry is as I type taking a hot bubble bath with my stress relief/peppermint/eucalyptus body wash. Yep, putting him in water definitely worked AND gave me some time to remember it is important to be a child and sometimes hard.

3 comments:

Karen said...

I remember that "put them in water" statement! I think I read it when TM was a baby, in another Sark book that Carey gave me.

So glad to know it still works!

Speaking of hormones...Moose hasn't spoken to me for two days. Maybe he needs a bath...

cherk said...

Uh two days? Do you just wait that out?

carey said...

all this hormonal talk is scaring me. i thought that was just girls. dang.

i remember the silent treatment. and i also remember that i thought i was punishing my parents, but it was actually really hard and i kinda ended up punishing myself. was always so glad when they told me to knock it off...:)