Monday, December 7, 2009

Sweater II


I hate going places after work, hate it. I went shopping after work today, not for anything necessary of course but a sweater. A sweater for small fry, who when I asked if he was wearing his favorite snowflake sweater for the the xmas program (unlike big fry, small fry LOVES sweaters), he says no I would like a new one. A Christmasy one, one that says "Merry Christmas" on it. Hmmmm I think I will start calling him Clark-you know Christmas Vacation Clark. So we head to the mall to the Children's place-full of bright sweaters. He immediately finds a red and white striped one-"Candy Canes" he says. He tries it on, hands it to me to purchase. He then walks by another table of sweaters- baby blue argyle pattern-and is fascinated. He tries it one declares it the ONE. I am loathe to buy it-baby blue?? My sons have not worn baby blue in I don't know how long-and only when it was a gift.

Secretly I can't wait to see him wear it since we have to save his baby blue tie (he picked out) for the piano recital

5 comments:

carey said...

this one had me laughing out loud. you are lucky they don't have pokemon on a christmas sweater.

or maybe that's just me.

cherk said...

If there was a phinaes and ferb (sorry about the spelling) Christmas sweater, we would have been all over that:)

Karen said...

Is it still a Christmas program there? Here everything is "Holiday."

bobbione8y said...

that is wonderful. a kid with a fashion sense!!! baby blue is definitely a fashion item!

cherk said...

Karen-We call it a holiday sing officially but up in here in good ole south dakota we all know what it really is.
Bobbi-Thank you for informing me that baby blue if fashionable-it is just a color I don't wear, but do love on others