Monday, December 7, 2009

sweater story 1


One long story short...
I bought a sweater for small fry and the upcoming Christmas program-apparently I have no idea what size my son is and bought it way too large (I blame it on black Friday frenzy). Anyway big fry was missing his coat and needed to go outside, I told him to try it on. He must have been desparate because he did , this child has not worn a sweater or shirt with a collar since I was able to wrestle him into one. It looked great and I told him so, I jokingly told him it would be great for his last xmas program. He looks up at me over his glasses and says "Do you want me to? I will if you really want me to, I would do it if it means alot to you". My heart melted, I sooo wanted to say yes, but said, "Is it something 5th graders would wear?" knowing it wasn't having seen what kids wear to the program. He told me no, no one wears them, I say, "Well then it is up to you, wear what makes you comfortable as long as it is a little bit nice." He walked away smiling and I am sure more than a little thankful that I didn't take him up on the offer.
I don't need him to WEAR the sweater, it is enough to know that he WOULD

1 comment:

Karen said...

That kid makes me cry!!