Saturday, December 5, 2009

where did the christmas nazi go?


I believe it was last year I shared my family'a frustration with my obsessive Christmas tendencies and traditions. Well here it is Dec. 5 and I finally got the Halloween decor packed away. I do have all my shopping done-thanks to the internet and yes getting up on Black Friday AND having a small extended family.

I haven't thought about xmas cards yet-still waiting to get them and find my address book-which was my old planner the one that I have a sinking feeling I discarded when I got a new one.

I am postponing the xmas tree so I can have it up a little bit later after Christmas for when my parents come-that also gives me a nagging feeling that all the "good" trees will be gone.

Today was to be my decorating day, but we spent time pulling together the basement, we are making a big push to get it done by the end of the month and all the little errands involved take time, time, time. I can't wait to unveil once it is done!


I did enjoy a small bit of Christmas spirit last night and probably the best-younger son and I pullled out the xmas DVD's you know the ORIGINAL Christmas shows we used to watch only once a year when they showed on CBS. The ones you couldn't wait for, with Berger Meister Meister Berger and Rudolph. Cuddled up, ate popcorn, drank wine (rootbeer for small fry) just the two of us. Now that is the way to get into the Christmas spirit.

3 comments:

Karen said...

Sometimes letting go (a little) feels kind of good.

I love the thought of you and small fry cuddled up watching Rudolph. All we ever watch around here is ICarly and Phinneas and Ferb. I can feel my brain cells dying.

cherk said...

Oh, yeah those are SOOO familiar. Tonight the boys watched both right before dinner and THAT makes for wonderful table manner (a little sarcasm there)
Letting go always feel good when one actually takes time to do it.

carey said...

i am excited to see/hear more about your basement reveal! i bet you get that tree going this weekend, friend. and i bet it's a GOOD one. you always do things up just right.