Thursday, December 24, 2009

Merry Christmas Eve

So here I sit typing on the computer on a Christmas Eve that is probably one of the most non-traditional ones I have ever had. This does not mean this is a bad thing, just for a very traditional Christmas "nazi" it is a little strange. Due to a "possible" blizzard, the in-laws did not make it so the usual cooking, cleaning, and preparing that we do went out the window. Today we went and did stocking stuffer shopping, bought some small cooking appliances, and worked out. The work out wreaked havoc on my body due to an embarrassing story. I hurt my neck/shoulder while over zealously playing WII boxing against Suree-after too many glasses of her homemade eggnog, and then lifted through the pain, which now has me stiff necked and sitting with a heating pad. I iam wavering between lots of mulled spiced wine or a muscle relaxer.
I am looking forward to the polar express later, we have been saving this xmas movie for tonight and then final Santa gifts WHICH both frys made a list TODAY and put it under the tree. Needless to say the last minute wishes will not be under the tree-thank goodness I gave the grandparents those great ideas:).
So here I sit blogging on Christmas Eve, hoping you all have a happy holiday, Carey-with her new house and uber sized family. Karen with Mel and his guest, and pajamas. Bobbi, who is waiting for the blizzard inside her colorful house with the shiny bright lights, and Chris who is back "home". Love and Joy to all of you!

4 comments:

bobbione8y said...

i hope that you are in fact recovered from the "wii incident" and that you are at least winning these challenges :)

cherk said...

I am on the mend, I am actually able to turn my head and lift my arm above my shoulder. These are not really holiday challenges just a little unnecessary whining. I have enjoyed not doing anything!!

carey said...

cher, just catching up...you and suree playing eggnog wii makes me laugh. wish i was there...

cherk said...

Carey-wish you could have to, the egg nog was awesome and wii boxing even better, think next time I will stick to guitar hero though