Wednesday, October 14, 2009

speaking of mad family members

Karen posted about being mad at the hubby and not knowing why. I had a mad pre teen (I am chalking up the mood swing to exactly that) who vowed to not talk to me for a month (that lasted two minutes when he asked me to read for bed), cried because he lost the chance to go to the bookstore for a new book (chalking that one up to his lingering broncicitis-think dinosaur pronunciation-as his little brother calls it), cried and said he missed his nana. This was all only a few hours after I picked him up and he exclaimed "I only missed 2 on the science test!!" The one he studied for all last week. Like I said a tweener mood swing-I hope

2 comments:

Karen said...

We could compare stories daily, I'll bet.

Yesterday: picked up ecstatic boy who begged to go to friend's house. Pouted when told he had to come home for chores/homework first. Sulked upstairs and didn't take dog out with brother. Threw a FIT, complete with slamming door, when told he couldn't go to friends house b/c of fit and dog. Made to sit in upstairs hallway for slamming door. Cried. Three minutes later started singing "Don't worry, be happy" while sitting in upstairs hallway. Made to go to grocery store with me. Pouted all the way there. Sang and entertained me all through store (although stayed out of freezer case) and sang happily all the way home.

He's like a boy version of me with pms...

cherk said...

Soooo good to know I am not alone:) Oh me on PMS but a younger version, that could be very scary!