Sunday, October 18, 2009

Dusk

We know one of my favorite things is sunrise and sunset which would include dusk, last night's dusk time adventure left me breathless. I dropped everything (which I have been needing to do for more than a few days) to go into the "bug" field by our house for a little rock hunting expidition. Big Fry and I were looking for rocks for Spikes's cage. We grabbed a back pack and our bikes and headed out to the "no trespassing" dumping area where we have been that has tons of limestone rocks. I can't explain how it happened but I looked over at Big fry while we were riding through the field. He was standing on his too small bike with the sunset behind him in the distance, bent over his handle bars with his hair blowing and the biggest grin on his face. If I had a camera I would have loved to freeze that moment in time. Two ways describe my thoughts at that time: Pure childhood abandon is one way to describe it... and I was lucky enough to join him. On the other hand I can't describe in words the pure love I had at the exact moment...other than just love.

4 comments:

bobbione8y said...

i can see it anyway cher :)

love that image too. glad you had the chance to "let go" for a bit.

carey said...

yes. i know it well. last night i watched the flushed, sweaty face of little j as he slept on his daddy's chest during the football game. still a little boy but i can start to see features of the man he will become. i bet i stared at him for 10 minutes. amazing.

Karen said...

Perfect. :-)

Chris said...

What a great description!Vivid:)