Friday, June 25, 2010

Must make

I don't usually post recipes because there are some of you pro cooks on here who are a little intimidating and may laugh at my attempts but I did make make a winner last night (the rhubarb pie with soggy crust not so much). This is from Jillian (Biggest Loser) cookbook. I must say it rocked! You would love it.

Green Bean Salad with Shrimp or Chicken (I chose chicken breast from the grill)

2 1/2 tbs. red wine vinegar
3 garlic cloves finely chopped
1 tbs chopped fresh oregano leaves (which I forgot I had in the garden, until AFTER I bought some)
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
3 tbs olive oil
1/2 lb shrimp or chicken thinkly sliced diagonally
1 lb green or mix of green and yellow beans trimmed
1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
1/4 cup pitted kalmata olives

Whisk together vinegar, garlic, oregano, salt, pepper. Whisk while adding the olive oil. Place shrimp or chicken in a bowl and pour dressing over, cover, refrigerate for 30 minutes

Prepare large bowl of icewater, cook beans in microwave-covered for 3 minutes or until bright green and crisp tender, about 3. Drain and immediatly place in ice water and then drain

Spread shrimp or chicken on baking sheet and broil
In a boil mix tomatoes, olives, add beans and dressing serve with shrimp or chicken on top.


I wish I had taken a picture-it creates a beautiful salad

7 comments:

Unknown said...

mmmmm that sounds delish:)

Karen said...

So is it cold or hot??

cherk said...

It is cold, but I am sure you could put on the chicken warm

Karen said...

No, I was thinking that it really would be best cold.

cherk said...

Karen-It is best cold and also eaten the first day, does not make a great leftover.

Karen said...

Hmmm..maybe you should make it next week...

cherk said...

hmmmmm, it would be a great salad for guests don't you think?