Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Is it really here?

Summer that is. I am finding it hard to get into the gear of summer. I am not sure if it was the first camping trip of the year-during which it rained each and every single day, and not just a shower, but a steady downpour. I am also finding myself thinking I should be work when I really don't have to, there is nothing to do there, but after going mach 10 for so long, relearning how to unwind is difficult. I have a gazillion fun things I want to do: landscape, art projects for the basement and patio, have fun with boys, and must-do house projects that were sorely neglected last summer. Choosing where to start is difficult, and preparing for my dad to visit is a whole other project in itself. That and hubby's work schedule this summer is a big downer-he has been going to work each night after dinner or staying until 10 or so including the weekends-I don't know how deployed families or single moms do it-it is not much fun.

The good thing is my time to workout is getting a big boost-I have so missed working out-like lifting weights-not the running kind. My new Jillian cookbook and my Athleta retail therapy will hopefully get me back on track and start some super good habits before the end of the summer. I have also cooked two homemade meals in a row-no small feat during the school year.

At least today the sun is shining and if feels wonderful, so maybe the gears of summer will start to loosen up.

2 comments:

carey said...

i think you need a camping do-over. but yes, summer is here. aren't you just excited to dive into every day? i get up EARLIER in the summer so i can squeeze more in and have time for fun.

i hope you relax, unwind and enjoy this summer. you really deserve it.

bobbione8y said...

i hope you get back into a summer groove, you kind of need and deserve it with your regular life :)

i kind of do too, almost done with my 'big project' so that i can chill!