Friday, February 27, 2009

week long polar plunge forecast


The Polar Plunge is less then 24 hours away and the weather this week has not been encouraging. The Saturday forecast started out good early this week, high of 46. By Wednesday we were under a winter warning, today and tonight we have had snow, snow, snow and a high in the teens. Tomorrow is supposed to be in the 30's so that is looking a little better...I think I was under the grand illusion that winter would be over by Feb. 28 and we may have one of those freaky February days when it is 60 or so. Not so lucky... It is okay, I did my research, there are groups of people in Finland who participate in "winter swimming", supposed to be GOOD for you-almost theraputic actually (I am sure when I am done I will look just like the lovely ladies in the Pic-avid winter swimmers they are). I am just keeping that thought in mind-the other thought is "Damn, it is going to be cold", I just hope I don't have a lot of swearing words come out at this family event.

2 comments:

carey said...

can't wait to hear the rest of this story...

Chris said...

Man, you are a braver person than I!