Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Random thoughts

This week is going to be one of those melancholy weeks I think, where I ponder deep thoughts, worry deep thoughts, and think of others very deeply.
It started with what one of our good friends called "Cherapy", so she came over and we had one of those martini nights where we dig in and talk about things just the two of us know and share and it is all on the table. We don't do it often and it is always a treat, but I think it brings on thoughts so here some are in a ramblling sort of way.

Harmless liver spot thoughts-these are the thoughts that have been creeping in more than I would like and the thoughts I have the least control over, they make mind wander and go down very dark roads, Grrr hate those thoughts

MS thoughts-my favorite coworker I have only known a year, who is 28, and have mentioned before is fighting her own dark thoughts and the realization that her body is not her own. She is so like me, strong, controlling and tries to not show weakness or worry-I so "get" her and to see her down just breaks my heart

Work thoughts-I am gearing up for meeting all my new kindergartners for next year. I love meeting new families but with it brings parents with new worries, fears, and the yearly ritual for them of why their child needs SO much help, IQ numbers, age scores yada yada, when I really want them to leave the meeting knowing is their child will be loved and I am here for them.

Ending of the three year journey of my masters and I will miss it, not the homework but the journey, the goal and knowing THIS is what I really want to do, to affect as many students and families as I can, and hope those opportunities will show themselves.

My wonderful older son and his oh-so-emotional side, the good one he shows. When he heard of my special award he said, "See mom, that goes with my new motto I told you about, Don't give up, go for your dreams, that is how I am going to live!" I know you will big guy, I KNOW

5 comments:

carey said...

i love the word "cherapy." i need to come up with something for when i am feeling that way...maybe discombobbilation?

i so love the person you have become.

bobbione8y said...

ah. those deep thinking weeks just...are.

i am pretty sure i know at least one other person who does that :)

Karen said...

What the hell is up with the liver spots????????????

cherk said...

Karen-oh you know the teeny tiny spots on my cat scan:)

Yes Bobbi-I have learned that those days/week will pass if I just let them "Be" and then be done with it. Discombobulated is a great word, right up there with frenetic

Chris said...

I too love the person you have become. Wish I could have been in the room with you and that 'friend':)