Friday, January 2, 2009

Thoughts on the new year...

I am sitting here doing everything to procrastinate with my homework. Who knew a laptop could be so entertaining: facebook, blogging, looking for a new bedding set and celebrity gossip blogs (ok I just shared a deep dark secret with that one). So as I am sitting here thinking about how I need to GET TO WORK I realize it is a new year and I haven't even given it much thought. NOT analyzing the past and NOT fretting about the future is NEW to me. I don't know if I have been to busy just enjoying the break or keeping busy with the day to day grind but I haven't gotten out the good old fashioned paper journal I write in-like once a year-about my future resolutions. The old paper journal with the usual statements of: going to be a better mom, a more patient mom, a more fun wife and mom, exercise more, less yelling and more hugs, eat healthier and on and on and on. By the time I am done writing and beating myself up and in catharic tears I only feel like crud. So my resolution this time around is to NOT. Just NOT-not worry about all those little things that happen or don't happen. To not worry and make small things huge. To focus on the good things the last year has brought and the future will bring so here is a list of statements-not on paper-not deep dark secrets looked at once a year, but cool things that one should be joyful about-and NOT to think of how to always be better or be MORE.

So here it is-a list of random statements for the year in review-some big and some small, and guess what-no crying at the end!

Year in Review
Rainbow xmas tree-NOT decorated by me
Boot camp-the best thing I have found to get my butt motivated
Great hubby going with me to boot camp, I told him it was worth it, working out together as been a great reconnection
Entering final year of masters program wahoooo
Healthy family-healthy parents
First time pheasant hunting and exploring the prairie homestead
Photos, photos, photos, being able to be artistic in a small, instant graftifying way
Painting marbles with Q man
Roasting marshmallows A-man
All clear colonoscopy and CT
Reconnecting with dear, dear friends through blogging and one brief night at the house-what are we withoug those who have known us best
New dear friends through blogging who I have to travel east to meet-I have to give Bobbi the special gift I have had in the back of my mind
Healthy happy kids, not always perfect, but heck, who is

Okay now back to homework or bed:)

3 comments:

bobbione8y said...

cher!

i love your post! i agree, i did not concentrate so much this year...God knows i need to lose weight, but really, i cannot think that resolving to do so will make it happen :)

i am so glad we have "met" here. i love that so many of carey's friends are now mine :)) you are so much like me in your thought processes/outlook on things, both the good stuff and the bad, from what i can gather...i just appreciate your insight, it helps me see things a little clearer in my own world.

happy new year!

Chris said...

I like your attitude here! I too tired of the resolutions thing for this year, mostly because of the disappointment my hopeful 2008 brought me. But for this year, I really just want to focus on what is good. Thank you for sharing your amazing list, and your amazing friendship.

carey said...

thanks for the post. i need to sit back and do this, too. you rock.

ps: saw greg sperlich skiing and he said he bootcamps with you. i bet you kick his butt :)