Thursday, January 15, 2009

So much for that...

So I came home tonight resolved to enjoy and not get uptight with my 9 year old's behavior-mainly the snotty voice and his acting like we are all just a big pain in HIS you know what. He was WONDERFUL in the car and the minute we pull in the garage and his little brother doesn't carry his backpack he gets mouthy, and then when little brother accidently steps on it and gets it muddy he loses it. I sent him to his room for the rest of the night where he proceeds to grumble and yell. This is the third night and I have had enough! I am going to go downstairs to work out and hopefully that will keep me from sayinig things that better left unsaid, I can tell the sarcastic, snotty part of me is just waiting to ROAR!!

1 comment:

carey said...

i lost it the other night, too, cher, and my punishment for them was running up and down the stairs for ten minutes (i should have joined them, i was MAD). i notice a big difference in their attitudes after a big, sweaty hockey practice, so i thought maybe something like this would help. they grumbled the whole time, which made me add extra minutes, but it made me think that maybe the boot camp people have it right. working out is a great way to keep people out of trouble, keep 'em moving and they can't beat on each other. maybe?