Monday, January 12, 2009

Appliance Anxiety

So the Friday night was pretty scary at our house. We have a VERY nice washer that has not been working very nicely-I think I mentioned going to the laundromat in previous blogs. So Friday when I put a load in to get the jump on weekend laundry it starts doing the beeping thing. The beeping it does when we have to call the Sears guy. Well the beeping started after it filled with water and the door locked. The earliest appt was the next THURSDAY. Well we all know what happens to wet clothes in the washer-if you are perfect and don't ask me sometime. So hubby has had a terrible week at work and then this happens and he starts the "quiet man tantrum". He is trying to pry the door open and CRACKS it. He states he is going to take an ax to it to get the clothes out-at this point I think that is better then taking the ax to Sears, which is his second choice. Long story short we drain the washer-get the clothes out and he tells we are buying a new washer TOMORROW.

So here I sit tonight, with a new washer and DRYER-the rationale of wise hubby is to sell the old ones as a pair and be able to stack the new ones to better utilize space-great idea but the closet isn't deep enough. I also sit here with a big pile of clothes that I am afraid to wash for 1)I am afraid of a Friday night repeat and 2)The things are so fancy, I don't know how to use it and have the energy to read the manual. Hubby is at least happy he can put his clothes in the steam dryer and they will be wrinkle free.

4 comments:

Karen said...

Oh, dear. I do hate the quiet man-tantrum, it's a dangerous thing.

bobbione8y said...

i dream of new washing machines...had not thought of the fearful things :)

carey said...

cher, i am currently, at this moment, extremely angry at our nice fancy kenmore front load washing PIECE OF CRAP. it never drains, so we have to run the cycle about 5 times. and the other day, about half the water leaked out of the bottom of the door all over the comforter waiting to be washed on the floor.

and it was BLEACH WATER.

this is a two year old machine, and it has worked properly for about six of those months.

give me the ax.

Chris said...

Maybe I will stick with the washer that only will wash medium loads adn the dryer that rocks as it dries. At least they work! Cher, sounds like you have PTSD, that is my professional opinion:)